This example displays the use of the offline feature. Overriding player error handlers to allow for reconnection with a custom message and display colorbars as a background.
The Live Offline plugin enables overriding player error handlers to allow for reconnection with a custom message and display colorbars as a background.
This is useful when live streams are yet to go live and let the user manually re-attempt connection or auto connect.
For Live HLS , some servers like Ant Media Server support ENDLIST tags. When the encoder stops, this helps determine ending of streams to display an end screen. With a config
reconnectOnEndStream, reconnection is possible which will end determined by a connect cycle time config
Using the video.js middleware stream resolver api. A pseudo random round robin load balancer and fallback for edge source selection is possible.
A TV noise animation option can be used for offline reconnection mode.
A custom configurable message can display useful offline messages.
- Functional player to reconnect live steams when offline and not publishing or on connection cuts.
- HLS end stream detection support with supported servers.
- Automatic reconnection feature.
- Customisable message and colorbars background.
- TV Noise effect background effect.
- Load balancer round robin and fallback source selection support.